Thursday, February 02, 2023

a visit to shuk Machane Yehudah in pictures


Random photos of the day: we went to the Machane Yehudah shuk to buy fruit and flowers and eat at Fish en Chips. 


It was cold and a bit windy, but I was warm in my black parka, black fingerless gloves, and a gray knit "Disney" hat with two pompoms like Mickey Mouse ears.  

I bought a lot of strawberries for 18 shekels (a little over $5) after getting a taste. They're really good. There were a so many stalls selling cheap, delicious strawberries (guess it's the height of the season), and we saw a group of teen girls sitting in a circle on the pavement in middle of the open-air shuk and enjoying them. 

I also bought cheap broccoli, Romanesco broccoli (so pretty!), snow peas, and zucchini. At Fish en Chips, I had a grilled salmon salad, my son had fries, and my ex, Gidon, had fish and chips. We bought a grilled tuna salad to bring home for my daughter and we also bought a whole fish to grill at home. I bought sunflowers for Shabbat, and then we returned home under darkening clouds. It drizzled a little, but we avoided the worst of the rain.

No comments: