Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy holidays!

Hope you're having an awesome holiday!

My Hanukkah has been going pretty well. I've been making lots of gluten-free, sugar-free, lactose-free doughnuts, and they're delicious. Lots of latkes too.

As for presents, I got three awesome Think Geek tees, including one that says "The book was better," a Hitchhiker's Guide one with a Twitter fail whale, and this one with the definition of interesting.


I think it's a good idea for writers to make their stories interesting, particular according to the third definition.

I'm currently working on the paperback version of Toren the Teller's Tale, which is a much bigger job than it sounds.

The formatting for a paper book is completely different from the formatting of an e-book. For example, while an e-book has 72-DPI JPG graphics, a print book has 600-DPI PNG graphics, and Toren has a story patch in the header of every chapter--so that's a lot stuff I need to format! I think it will be worth it, though. And thankfully, I'm almost done. There's only the front and back cover and the copyright page left for me to work on.

I'm listening to a funny Pandora station to keep me entertained while I work. You can check it out, if you like, but be aware that some of the content is "mature." (Weird how sometimes mature and immature mean the same thing.) That's not entirely my fault. Pandora is meant to find similar music, but some of the stuff they've selected isn't similar to what I picked for that station. My original selections included music by Jonathan Coulton, the Barenaked Ladies, Weird Al Yankovic, Garfunkel and Oates, MC Lars, Allan Sherman, Matthew Ebel, Jimmy Fallon, Spinal Tap, They Might Be Giants, Monty Python, and more.  

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, and may your magic shine brightly in 2012!

Shevi


No comments: