Monday, August 12, 2013

10 + 1 Songs from the Unofficial Why My Love Life Sucks Soundtrack


I love all kinds of storytelling. When I was little, right up until the year before I graduated from college, I wanted to write and direct TV shows and movies. But then I found out that writers and directors never really have full control over the stories they tell, which is why I decided to become a novelist instead. My stories, though, still play like TV shows or movies in my head--with soundtracks and everything.


So here is the unofficial soundtrack for my funny, geek-centric YA novel: Why My Love Life Sucks (The Legend of Gilbert the Fixer, book one). These are songs I hear in my head when I think of certain scenes and characters from the book. Click on the song title to follow the link to a YouTube video.


10 + 1 Songs from the Unofficial Why My Love Life Sucks: The Legend of Gilbert the Fixer (part one) Soundtrack




Intro:Always Look on the Bright Side of Life” by Eric Idle (Monty Python)







Chapter one: “Breakeven” by The Script.







Chapter three (Amber): “She’s So High Above Me” by Tal Bachman




Chapter three: “I’m Going to Go Back There Someday” (Gonzo’s Song from The Muppet Movie, with clips from Life on Mars, cover version by Paula Jarvis)





Chapter four: “Crazy” by Seal


Chapter five: “I Gotta Feeling” by the Black Eyed Peas (Oprah show flash-mob version)


Chapter 10: “Galaxies” by Owl City


Chapter 12: “D & D” by Stephen Lynch


Chapter 16: “Fix You” by Coldplay

Epilogue: “May It Be” by Enya from The Lord of the Rings soundtrack

As the credits roll: “My Life Would Suck Without You” by Kelly Clarkson




No comments: